Did you ever have a number that just seemed to keep popping up everywhere? That’s the way it is with Dead Hunt and the number 3.
- I wrote the original screenplay to star 3 cheerleaders – my daughter and two of her friends.
- It was only meant to be a short film we could shoot over the course of 3 days. It grew into a much larger project and never got made.
- That screenplay sat collecting dust for 3 years before I discovered author-produced audio books and made the decision to rewrite the screenplay.
- It took 3 months to turn the screenplay into a novel.
- The novel is available in 3 formats – Print, eBook and Audio Book.
- The story involves around a group of friends – 3 men and 3 women.
- Voice actors from 3 different countries appear in the audio book- Canada, the U.S. and Australia.
- In the novel, the story takes place during 3 different times – the present, 3 days ago, and 3 years ago.
- I have been working on the new screenplay for the last 3 months.
- 3 actors have already been cast to star in the movie.
- 3 people from the United States have contacted me looking for a role in the movie. Unfortunately, travel and accommodations are not in the budget.
- The new screenplay has 3 zombie kids. My 3 oldest grandchildren will be playing the zombie kids in the movie.
- 3 different weapons will be used to kill zombies in the movie.
- For logistical and financial reasons, 3 major locations in the novel had to be changed in the new screenplay so we could make the movie.
- 3 of the script readers who are helping me fine-tune the story have first names that begin with the letter M.
- The last names of the 3 female lead characters are named after a town or village located on Cape Breton Island – Lucy Catalone, Emma Creignish and Lauren Bucklaw.
There are other references to the number three in the screenplay but listing them here would be giving away too much of the plot, so I’ll keep them a secret. It’s funny how the number 3 keeps appearing, such as there will be 3 types of cameras used to film the movie: the main camera, a camera mounted on a drone, and something I call ZombieCam, so you’re watching certain scenes from the zombie’s perspective.
Get involved and help us make Dead Hunt
We will be launching a crowdfunding campaign in the near future and we have some really cool perks available to everyone that contributes. In the meantime, if you are shopping on Amazon.com, please click this link first and I will receive a small commission on everything you buy in the form of an Amazon credit.
Everything we raise will go directly towards the equipment and supplies needed to make the movie this summer. Clicking this link doesn’t cost you anything, and the price of what you’re buying will not change, but you will be helping us make the movie. On behalf of everyone at Dead Hunt, THANK YOU for your support.